Saturday, December 27, 2008

End of Year Round Up

So, before I go on and do some re-evaluation on the goals as listed, here is a final list for this year on where I stand on progress made in the past year.

Before the current update: 69 things left to do. That means that this year I completed 31 goals- almost a third!

1) Make an afghan for afghans for Afghans - Begun! I even created a blog for it www.craftyproject.blogspot.com.
2) Consolidate 401k/IRA/503b plans hanging around from previous jobs - Second credit card is paid off and I will be canceling it after the zero balance bill shows up. This is fantastic news. Then, once the other credit card is fully paid off (still need reimbursement from my company for the class I'm taking), I can worry about this. I'm in no rush with the market as it stands right now. I do think patience on this will be the best.
3) Research before and one year after consolidation the performance of the funds - Nope.
4) Confirm at least once that all address in my address book are accurate - The bonus of Christmas cards is getting everyone's addresses off of them. Still in progress
5) Call everyone who sent me a Christmas card within 6 months of January 1 - This now applies to the current Christmas. I can do it.
7) Buy a good pair of winter boots - This is pretty desperate right now since we had so much snow and one pair of my shoes now has a hole in the sole. Water doesn't get in, but I squeak and sigh now.
9) Watch all my Looney Tunes DVDs - I started to watch one of the DVD's when I was home one weekend. Unfortunately, I watched a special anniversary show with interviews with famous Hollywood actors and what it is like working with Bugs and Daffy. Honestly, some of these stars really aren't much stars any longer.
10) Lose at least 20 pounds - I call progress because I joined a gym yesterday. I'm pretty excited to get back in the habit. In addition, I'll be seeing the integrative nutritionist twice a month beginning in January. If this combo doesn't work, then I think I may need to pull a genetics card.
11) Get green stripe belt - Nope.
13) Go to taekwondo class three times a week for at least one month - Nope.
14) Finish at least 5 books I haven't finished yet sitting on my shelves - two of five done. This is moving ahead pretty well.
15) Visit Mom for a week - No plans yet.
16) Visit Tim's family - No plans yet.
18) Visit family graves - Not done yet.
22) Get amber ring fixed - Not done yet.
23) Finish a Wii game - Not done yet. I've been playing different stuff, but not as much as I should to complete anything.
24) Finish Pikmin 2 - Not done yet.
27) Try a new recipe every month - I definitely did this. This past month I cooked three kinds of fondue. No kidding. It was fun and easier than I thought.
28) Finish DK Junglebeat - Nope.
34) Find and buy jeans that fit well - I still haven't even tried. .
35) Buy a good black turtleneck - I was ordering things off the internet and had this marked to do, but then I missed the folded corner and didn't get it done. This will happen shortly, I think.
37) Make something with a piece of fabric I already own - The pile of yarn project has really kick started some work, which is great. One of the projects I am interested in is a purse- which would need a fabric liner. This may be the way in to completing this.
38) Go through and organize jewelry - Stalled out.
39) Sell/Try to sell something I've made - Not yet.
40) Finish at least 4 of the cross-stitch kits that I have - I started working on one on Christmas.
42) Make and post a product for my website - Strategizing still
43) Buy beeswax candles - I just got a couple candles for Christmas. Not beeswax- I still feel I need to use what I have before I buy more.
44) Go to a fair - Next year
45) Invite someone to my house every month - This coincides with the fondue cooking for this month.
46) Clean out front room closet - No, but I will be making a couple New Year's Resolutions that will impact this.
47) Clean out file cabinet - Let's say I have filing to do.
48) Try to print my own photos on printer - I think the printer is attached now, but I have scanning to do before I print anything.
49) Organize/Store files sitting under desk - No further progress.
52) Import DVDs into computer- Nope.
54) Get Looney Tunes on my iPod - Although this would facilitate my viewing of Looney Tunes, I haven't done it.
55) Catch up on podcasts - Still making progress. I just have a huge backlog on a couple of them and I am slowly chipping away. 
56) Set up folders for iPod in iTunes and organize updating/synching - I think this is basically done, but will hold off on checking it off until I catch up on one particular podcast.
57) Post to website every month - I did a full redesign of the website, which makes me happy. As regards posting every month, it is a little less important due to the redesign of content.
61) Decide on other domain name: parked domain or new site and set it up - It is the setup part that still needs to be done
62) Get a full first draft of translation - Nope.
63) Figure out camera settings for indoor group pictures - I haven't looked into this more.
64) Find something red to wear for rat year - Done. I've been wearing a garnet bracelet given to me by my parents. I don't know if things have gotten better because of it, but I am wearing it.
65) Figure out what to do with earrings I don't wear - I'm thinking bracelet, but haven't actually looked at what I have to work with yet.
66) Read travel book by Achim von Arnim - Not yet.
67) Go to geek knitting meeting - I think arranging my own geek knitting is what will have to happen- unless going to the guild meeting counts. I think it might. Too bad this stopped right after I found out about it.
68) Evaluate usefulness of Seashore program - I just heard about another open source graphics program for the mac. I need to look into this.
70) Finish scanning old paper photos - That is part of cleaning out files under the table. Fingers crossed, will be done by the end of this year.
72) Get a backup made of my digital/digitized photos - Not done yet.
74) Find a Spanish reader and read it- I found it. I haven't read it.
75) Learn at least 250 kanji - I bought a learning game for the DS which will help me learn the kanji. I'm not advanced enough yet to have that be the focus yet, but I am feeling good about having the means to achieve this.
76) Read one of the Polish books at home - Not yet.
77) Read through/finish Vietnamese textbook - No advancement yet, although I put all the audio material on my iPod.
83) Have a day where I fully live: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." - As mentioned in an earlier post, I did this. 
84) Translate my resume into German - Nope.
85) Take someone on my favorite downtown walk - Not yet.
86) Write letters to three people letting them know how special they are - Not yet.
87) Set up an ebay account to see that sanrio item - Nope.
88) Finish a first draft of a creative writing project - Nope.
90) Spend no money for 4 days straight - Honestly, I wasn't paying attention. I think I probably got through three days without thinking much about it, but I think I need to put a little more consciousness on this to get it done.
91) Eat at No 9 Park - Not yet.
92) Eat at Aujord'hui - Not yet.
93) Figure out how I will convert to digital TV - No real plan for this, but I should figure it out in the next couple months.
94) Bind a book - Nope.
95) Make/Attempt to make all the box patterns in that origami book - Progress made. I got through the first 4 patterns this week.
96) Make the cherry blossom origami that was the reason I got that other origami book - Nope.
97) Save for/Plan/or Actually take a trip to the Pacific Northwest - Still a dream waiting to take more complete form.
98) Meet Wendy's children - Not yet.
99) Try to learn a song on the harmonica - I need to get a harmonica.
100) Learn 5 chords on the guitar and be able to switch between them all well - I started to work on this, but haven't lately since there is so much else I keep working on.

So that means two more things to mark off, bringing my first year total down to 67 left to do. Like Martina, I'm thinking about re-evaluating a few of these. I think that will come at the beginning of the next year. It's not too bad, though, if I may say so myself.

1 comment:

Martina said...

Hooray! Go you completing all those things! I am so glad you asked me to do this with you and look forward to supporting each other in our continuing and evolving goals.