Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wonder what's been going on?

Yeah, me too. It's been a while since I wrote. For a few weeks, I didn't have the desire to go on the computer once I got home from work combined with the ever increasing difficulty of the Italian class. So, the class is over and I have a long weekend: good time to catch up on some things. I've been reviewing my internet activities and decided to cut out a few things that I don't do much or only feel are chores now. This blog though should be getting more attention since I think my embetterment to embiggen myself is important.

I've set myself up to do a full review of the outstanding goals and may organize myself like Martina- that is have some areas to organize my goals under. Before I do that, though, I will take credit for completing 5 more goals without fully realizing it.

28) I finished DK Junglebeat. I did this with the bongos and not with the wii controllers. I love this game. It is so much fun.

34) Find and buy jeans that fit well. Unfortunately, the jeans I found that fit well are flannel-lined. In this part of the country, that isn't a bad thing, but headed into summer, it is a bit more impractical. These jeans are great, though, and I may get more if the non-flannel-lined are as nice. As an addition, I bought a belt to help with the jeans that are not fitting well.

44) Go to a fair. I wouldn't necessarily call the Sheep and Wool Festival a fair, but I overheard other people at the Festival say it, so I'm going with it. I still want to go to one of the big ones that happens at the end of the summer, too. Just because I call this done doesn't mean I won't go.

68) Evaluate Seashore program. This was an open-source program I was going to use with my pictures. Turns out that through the macheist bundle, I got two lovely programs that I am currently using and enjoying, making the Seashore investigation unnecessary. Although the specific words of this one were not fulfilled, the intent behind it was. Done.

88) Finish draft of creative writing project. I have written two stories- one of which Martina read. I need to go back and tighten them up a bit to be happy with them. Once I get the other one in a shape where I have confidence having someone other than Tim read it, I will really feel good about this and may try to do more.

So, the next post will be a full re-evaluation of the remaining things on my list. Some will stay. Some will go. No matter what, I think I continue to be headed in the right direction even if I forget that I am on that road periodically.

No comments: