Friday, March 6, 2009

February Round-Up

It is already a week into March and I still haven't done my February update. I spent a lot of February traveling and being sick, so I don't feel like I got too much done.

2. Weight Goal 1 - I am half way there and hope to reach it by my birthday. Thanks to the not feeling well, I lost a bit of weight this month just out of sheer lack of appetite. I am not sure if I have enough time to shed the rest by the 20th, so this should be a cliff hanger of "Who shot JR?" proportions!

12. Buy wii fit - Complete. This was purchased right before I got sick, so I haven't had a lot of chance to use it, but now that I am feeling better, I think it is time for the Wii Olympics this weekend!

14 Find new doctor and go for a check up: After much research, I finally found a candidate. She is both a Naturopath AND an MD AND she is covered under my insurance. Now comes the hard part - actually getting myself to go. I really do hate going to the doctor and would be happy to never go.

34 January blogstravaganza - I actually did not end up finishing and am not really feeling it as a goal. I think perhaps I need to revamp this one. I'll have to think about it.

68 Apply for a credit card Finances - COMPLETE. This has been a tough one for me. For the past 3-4 years, I have lived completely without credit cards, having cancelled them all, so I wouldn't be tempted to used them as I paid off my bills. As it turned out, it really was a good way to live and cut down on frivolous spending. The thing is that my job has changed to where I travel more and it was becoming hardship to pay cash every time then have to wait a few weeks to be reimbursed, so I've rejoined the ranks of the credit card holding public. I guess it's good to have for emergencies, but I really liked the unfettered feeling of not having one.

74 Try a new recipe each month - February: Tacos from that month's edition of Everyday Food, which is an awesome cooking mag. My friend Becky got me a subscription for Christmas, which really was a great idea!

75 Try a new restaurant each month - February: 1. It's not really a restaurant, but more of a fast food place, but I did have lunch at this Cajun stand in Clackamas Town Center and I've only ever eaten at the one at Lloyd Center before; 2. Champ's in Troy, MI; 3. PF Chang's in Troy (I've eaten at a PF Chang's before, but never in Michigan! AND it was 10+ years ago in California AND I did try a menu item I'd never had before, so it's almost like a new restaurant)

79 Join Amnesty International Soul/happiness - COMPLETED back in January.

81 Do something nice for someone once a week Soul/happiness Jan: cplt. Feb: Bought lunch for Mary because she was depressed; Took Antonio for a "fun day" (rides, a toy from the Disney store & lunch in the Food Court); Let a coworker use my cellphone to call Canada numerous times while we were in Michigan, because she was worried about her daughter; and, most importantly, forgave someone who hurt me very, very badly. This actually turned out to be something nice for ME as it has opened the door to us becoming closer again and I've really missed him.

109 Clean out old and buy new, GOOD make-up Bought the new makup, need to clean out the old.
*************************************************************************************
And, finally, a note on 100-105: I think I'm going to dump these, because they are not really about MY goals. They were largely about helping someone else with his. I will still help him, but if I'm going to be self-indulgent and have a list about acheiving my own goals they really need to be about my own acheivement and betterment.

1 comment:

Anne said...

How are you liking Wii Fit? I just started using it again and I would be happy to challenge you on a few events! :)

I love the idea of a naturopath and would like to go to one for my allergies sometime. I thought the nutritionist would help with that, but it turns out not as much as I thought. Let me know how it goes! I listen to a podcast by naturopathic doctors from your area, actually.

Great work. Time for me to do an update and I hope to hear one from you soon, too!