Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More Re-evaluation for 2009

I went to the gym this morning ready to try out my new schedule. This new schedule involves me taking a shower at the gym so as to save some time in the morning by not coming back home. All morning prior to going I had one of those morning where everything kept dropping, knocking stuff over, or was somehow clumsy in my hands. By the time I got to the gym, happy not to have been a clumsy driver at least, and was happily pedaling away on the bike, I realized I forgot to bring a shirt to wear to work. Oh well. I still took the shower there and then drove home to put on a shirt. It wasn't the best, most organized morning, but I did go to the gym. 

And now I just pulled a box out of my closet, which will begin to satisfy the cleaning out the closet goal and may enable me to find the jaw harp I am looking for... you know, the one in the Snoopy box. Even without digging, I can tell this box is not going to be easy, which may be why it has been in the closet.

So on to re-evaluation:
To recap:
1. afghan for afghans for Afghans.
2. Consolidate retirement plans from previous jobs.
3. TBD
4. Confirm accuracy of addresses.
5. Get in direct contact with everyone who sent me a Christmas card this year.
7. TBD

And now:

9. Watch all my Looney Tunes DVDs.
I'm going to keep this one although I feel slightly conflicted. I love to watch these, but to require it may make it less enjoyable. I think I may need to just do an early morning hot chocolate kind of thing. I used to watch cartoons on Saturday mornings every week. Even Tim watched them with me once or twice. I've fallen out of that habit though, but maybe I can pick it up with these DVDs.

10. Lose at least 20 pounds 
This one stays. Now that I am going to the gym and to the nutritionist, I am motivated. Whether my metabolism will follow is another issue. I'm looking forward to the next 6 months to see what progress I make. 

11. Get green stripe belt.
Well, as I've written before, this one will need to change. I want to keep myself from being distracted too much by too many activities, so I just want to stick with the gym and the nutritionist for now. Finding another class like this to go to would be fun, but I'm going to put it off for the time being. This one is TBD.

13. Go to TKD class three times/week for one month.
With 11, this one needs to change. I think this one is an easier one to change to what I am currently doing, so I will change this to 
13. Go to the gym at least three times/week for one month. (I'm keeping track of what I do in a little book, so I'll really know if I do this)

14. Finish at least 5 books I already had sitting on my shelves.
This one definitely stays. I'm 2/5 of the way done and I started two more (one I take to the gym). Unfortunately for this goal, I got a membership to audible.com and I am starting to think that reading is for suckers. I'm sure this is just a passing fad for me.

15. Visit Mom for a week.
This one probably needs an alteration to just be 
15. Visit Mom. 
I talk to her and I've even seen her- she made a visit to see me for the first time in years- but the 6-7 hour drive is just not that enticing. I plan on doing it and doing it for a week would probably make the drive doubly worth it, but in the end, the important part is to visit her on her turf, so I'm simplifying this one to get to the heart of it a little more. 

So, that is the next 6. I'll continue to review and evaluate in the next days.



2 comments:

Martina said...

Good for you going to the gym! I still need to post my goals, but one of mine was to lose 20 lbs by my birthday, so I really need to get on some kind of more consistent exercise schedule too! I've actually been toying with scheduling a LOT things - exercise, writing, etc. - to make sure they get done a little each day.

Anne said...

I've thought about scheduling things, too- like playing the Japanese training thing I have to help me learn kanji. My problem is that I want to schedule too much and then I don't do any of it. Maybe incremental additions is the way to go.