Friday, January 4, 2008

100 in 1000 days

The following are 100 things to do within the next 1000 days. Due date is September 30, 2010! Hard to believe.
1) Make an afghan for afghans for Afghans
2) Consolidate 401k/IRA/503b plans hanging around from previous jobs
3) Research before and one year after consolidation the performance of the funds
4) Confirm at least once that all address in my address book are accurate
5) Call everyone who sent me a Christmas card within 6 months of January 1
6) Sell extra books
7) Buy a good pair of winter boots
8) Get a car
9) Watch all my Looney Tunes DVDs
10) Lose at least 20 pounds
11) Get green stripe belt
12) Be able to do a high-section roundhouse kick
13) Go to taekwondo class three times a week for at least one month
14) Finish at least 5 books I haven't finished yet sitting on my shelves
15) Visit Mom for a week
16) Visit Tim's family
17) Visit Uncle Matty
18) Visit family graves
19) Create a spreadsheet for gift tracking (those I give)
20) Look into loveseat/foldout bed
21) Get component cables for Wii
22) Get amber ring fixed
23) Finish a Wii game
24) Finish Pikmin 2
25) Finish a DS game
26) Go through living room closet/organize/dispose
27) Try a new recipe every month
28) Finish DK Junglebeat
29) Get through a Guitar Hero song on Expert
30) Get Wii Fit and use it
31) Go to eye doctor
32) Get new glasses
33) Get a Dr. Hauschka mask and use it
34) Find and buy jeans that fit well
35) Buy a good black turtleneck
36) Get a bra fitting
37) Make something with a piece of fabric I already own
38) Go through and organize jewelry
39) Sell/Try to sell something I've made
40) Finish at least 4 of the cross-stitch kits that I have
41) Make 1000 cranes
42) Make and post a product for my website
43) Buy beeswax candles
44) Go to a fair
45) Invite someone to my house every month
46) Clean out front room closet
47) Clean out file cabinet
48) Try to print my own photos on printer
49) Organize/Store files sitting under desk
50) Clean out desk drawers
51) Integrate Tim's music into mine
52) Import DVDs into computer
53) Look into new harddrive/backup configuration
54) Get Looney Tunes on my iPod
55) Catch up on podcasts
56) Set up folders for iPod in iTunes and organize updating/synching
57) Post to website every month
58) Fix guestbook on website
59) Choose color scheme for website
60) Make booklists on website nicer looking
61) Decide on other domain name: parked domain or new site and set it up
62) Get a full first draft of translation
63) Figure out camera settings for indoor group pictures
64) Find something red to wear for rat year
65) Figure out what to do with earrings I don't wear
66) Read travel book by Achim von Arnim
67) Go to geek knitting meeting
68) Evaluate usefulness of Seashore program
69) Create calendar or something to share my pictures
70) Finish scanning old paper photos
71) Join a guild
72) Get a backup made of my digital/digitized photos
73) Start to learn a new language
74) Find a Spanish reader and read it
75) Learn at least 250 kanji
76) Read one of the Polish books at home
77) Read through/finish Vietnamese textbook
78) Compliment a total stranger
79) Try a new restaurant in downtown Boston
80) Go to NYC
81) See a musical
82) Buy a friend lunch when it isn't their birthday
83) Have a day where I fully live: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all."
84) Translate my resume into German
85) Take someone on my favorite downtown walk
86) Write letters to three people letting them know how special they are
87) Set up an ebay account to see that sanrio item
88) Finish a first draft of a creative writing project
89) Pay off Citibank card and cancel it
90) Spend no money for 4 days straight
91) Eat at No 9 Park
92) Eat at Aujord'hui
93) Figure out how I will convert to digital TV
94) Bind a book
95) Make/Attempt to make all the box patterns in that origami book
96) Make the cherry blossom origami that was the reason I got that other origami book
97) Save for/Plan/or Actually take a trip to the Pacific Northwest
98) Meet Wendy's children
99) Try to learn a song on the harmonica
100) Learn 5 chords on the guitar and be able to switch between them all well

2 comments:

Martina said...

Great list! I see some overlap with mine. Every time I look at mine, I find myself tweaking it. I think I'm just going to post it and get started, knowing that I can always change my mind if I want to!

Martina said...

P.s. on #97 - You should come visit!