Saturday, January 12, 2008

Better Late than Never (Martina's Goals)

So, here I am, Slacky Slackerson, Would Be Mayor of Slackerville, if I weren't too much of a slacker to run! Since this blog was created, I really have meant to come share my list (maybe one of my goals should be to cut my procrastination down by 85%), but somehow I keep thinking that I need to tweak one more thing, read it one more time, etc. I think we can see now why I need a list to tell me what to do! Left to my own devices, it is quite possible that nothing would get done.

Like Anne's, my list is a combination of big stuff and little. I am fascinated by the areas where we have overlap, considering that we came up with the lists independently of each other. I will try to mark my items off by changing them to a color other than black and writing a bit about the experience as I complete, but I actually have already done #86 (a black hills gold ring with a little butterfly symbolizing metamorphosis!) and suppose that embarking on this blog with Anne would fulfill #6, but I'm going to wait a little to mark it off, since the project is by no means finished and I want to feel open to collaborating more!

1-Pay off my car
2-Pay off the rest of my credit card debt
3-Create a budget
4-Lose weight (I'll keep the actual amount to myself for now)
5-Join a gym & set up an exercise program
6-Collaborate with someone on a creative project
7-Exercise at least 3x a week (will be considered complete after 3 months of steady commitment to this)
8-Make an appointment with a personal trainer
9-Make a quilt
10-Complete January blogstravaganza
11-Write 12 short stories, essays or poems in the next year (I.e. 1/month)
12-Finish the first draft of my mystery novel
13-Learn another language
14-Take a class
15-Join/start a writing group or take a writing class
16-Make something with my own hands once a month (craft project)
17-Join a choir or that music thingy from the "Keep PDX Weird" event
18-Learn 12 new songs on my violin in the next year (I.e. 1/month)
19-Get my bow rehaired
20-Clean out/organize my books
21-Make curtains for my bedroom
22-Go for a walk in a new park/trail at least once a month
23-Learn about wines
24-Try a new recipe once a month - Jan 08: Thai Pizza; Feb 08: West African Ground Nut Stew
25-Invite friends over for dinner at least once a month
26-Try a new restaurant once a month - Jan 08: Jim Dandy; Feb 08: Van Hanh
27-Make Stollen
28-Once a month, pick someone and buy them a gift/do something to make them happy for no reason at all: Jan 08 - no one; Feb 08 - sent flowers to my mom;
29-Moisturize every day
30-Organize my recipes
31-Study a new Tarot card each month
32-Go on a real vacation
33-Resume Wednesday activity schedule with Jen
34-Spend a month as a vegetarian (in progress Feb08)
35-Play my guitar more than once a year
36-Cut my diet coke consumption down to 1 a day (or better - none a day) and drink more water
37-Sign up for organic grocery delivery or foodshare
38-Study a new artist/composer each month
39-Go to a concert/play once a month
40-Go to the Shakespeare festival in Ashland
41-Host a summer barbeque
42-Plan a trip to Europe
43-Renew my passport
44-Go through and get rid of CD's that need to be released into the wild
45-Go on another retreat
46-Visit the Oregon Trail museums I haven't yet visited
47-Read a poem each week
48-Read something in another language each week
49-Visit the East Coast
50-Write a handwritten letter to someone once a month
51-Meet a friend for coffee/drinks/whatever once a month
52-Regularly deposit money into savings
53-Take control of my 401k investments by taking a class/reading a book on investing
54-Call or e-mail friends at least once a week
55-Finish the photo wall
56-Take (or procure) a flattering picture of each of my friends for the wall 57-Attend a pow-wow
58-Make a dress
59-Clean out my closet (clothes AND shoes)
60-Buy new underthings and get rid of the old
61-Clean out the garage
62-Attend a pagan festival (Beltaine and/or some other)
63-Update my birthday list
64-Take pictures at events, gatherings, etc.
65-Go to the beach once a month in the sunny months
66-Visit Leavenworth
67-Paint my bedroom
68-Pull up the carpet in my bedroom
69-Paint the deck
70-Paint the front porch
71-Go on a road trip during the summer
72-Use my Entertainment book regularly, keep track of the savings & put them in a fun money jar
73-Buy and TAKE a daily vitamin
74-Learn to knit
75-Go camping
76-Get and update a new address book
77-Learn enough about photography to make my good pictures more than happy accidents
78-Go to a reading or lecture at least once a month
79-Participate in NaNoWriMo for real and following their rules
80-Join Amnesty International
81-Join The Humane Society (or some other animal organization)
82-Learn to make an origami crane
83-Run the whole way around the track
84-Go on December pilgrimage with Jenny R. and her family
85-Write something (journal, blog, whatever) every day
86-Buy a ring to symbolize my year of change - wear it every day as a reminder
87-Get a manicure
88-Treat myself to a spa day
89-Create an enticing reward system for every 10 pounds I lose
90-Get tickets for my mom to be able to see Cirque du Soleil
91-Read the Bible, Koran, Baghavad Gita
92-Buy a pair of comfortable athletic shoes
93-Visit a Buddhist temple
94-Learn yoga/take an exercise class
95-Plant a vegetable/herb garden
96-Make preserves
97-Research and make a list of fun summer festival outings
98-Make stepping stones for the garden
99-Go berry picking on Sauvie Island
100-Buy fresh cherries from the fruit loop when they are in season
101-Plan something fabulous for my birthday this year

2 comments:

monquee said...

this is a great list! If you decide to do a 14 for 23 and would like company, count me in!

Anne said...

I am adding birthday list to the next 100 once I have all the addresses to send cards to :)

I look forward to us achieving all our goals and then spending some time congratulating each other on one coast or the other!