Sunday, March 9, 2008

March Roundup

Items in progress: 1, 2, 4, 6*, 10, 13, 24*, 25*, 26*, 28*, 29, 30, 39*, 59, 101

Items Completed: 6*, 24*, 25*, 26*, 28* , 34, 39*, 73, 86, 90

(* = ongoing)

Welcome to the post wherein I singlewhitefemale Anne's February round up. Here it is March already. Not having updated my list recently, I thought it might be a good time to do a little round up and report on my progress:

1-Pay off my car
In progress
2-Pay off the rest of my credit card debt
In progress - A couple more payments and I will have paid off my Visa!
3-Create a budget
4-Lose weight (I'll keep the actual amount to myself for now)

In progress, but not exactly quite as successful as I'd hoped. I've lost 3 pounds.
5-Join a gym & set up an exercise program
For now, I think this goal might actually be just to get into the habit of going walking regularly, before I invest more money into paying for a gym I'm not going to attend.
6-Collaborate with someone on a creative project
Ok, how could I forget this? I actually had to come back and update after this post was saved. I am collaborating with someone in even keeping this blog!!!
7-Exercise at least 3x a week (will be considered complete after 3 months of steady commitment to this)
8-Make an appointment with a personal trainer
9-Make a quilt
10-Complete January blogstravaganza
Not sure if I can legitimately call this one complete or not. I did try posting once a day for the month of January, howevever it did not quite pan out. I did, however, write just about every day, so from that standpoint it was a success.
11-Write 12 short stories, essays or poems in the next year (I.e. 1/month)
12-Finish the first draft of my mystery novel
13-Learn another language

I found an evening Spanish class that would fit the bill. Now I just need to get over my fear of being the only geezer and register.
14-Take a class
15-Join/start a writing group or take a writing class
16-Make something with my own hands once a month (craft project)
17-Join a choir or that music thingy from the "Keep PDX Weird" event
18-Learn 12 new songs on my violin in the next year (I.e. 1/month)
19-Get my bow rehaired

20-Clean out/organize my books
21-Make curtains for my bedroom
22-Go for a walk in a new park/trail at least once a month
23-Learn about wines

24-Try a new recipe once a month - Jan 08: Thai Pizza; Feb 08: West African Ground Nut Stew; Carribbean Black Beans with Orange Juice and Candied Ginger; March 08: Ziti with Sund-dried Tomato Cream
25 - Invite friends over for dinner once a month - Jan 08: Jenny & Jesus; Feb 08: - ; March 08: Paula (kinda - we ended up eating out)
26-Try a new restaurant once a month - Jan 08: Jim Dandy; Feb 08: Van Hanh; Mexican Restaurant on 122nd...can't remember the name, but it was good; March 08:
27-Make Stollen
28-Once a month, pick someone and buy them a gift/do something to make them happy for no reason at all: Jan 08 no one; Feb 08 - sent flowers to my mom; March 08 - Cadbury eggs for Mary (b/c they're her favorite and she was having a bad day)
29-Moisturize every day
This has, as usual, been kind of hit and miss.
30-Organize my recipes
In progress - Went through the biggest part of the mess yesterday and threw out the things I was never going to make and put the rest in binders. Need to buy some nicer binders and also go through magazines and pull out only the recipes I'm going to try and throw the rest away.
31-Study a new Tarot card each month
32-Go on a real vacation

Have no clue yet what I'm going to do with it, but I did ask for time off in May and September
33-Resume Wednesday activity schedule with Jen
Discussed doing something this week, then got sick. Will try to get back on track next week.
34-Spend a month as a vegetarian (in progress Feb08)
Successfully completed a month of meat free living. It worked out so well that I am continuing on.
35-Play my guitar more than once a year
36-Cut my diet coke consumption down to 1 a day (or better - none a day) and drink more water
37-Sign up for organic grocery delivery or foodshare
38-Study a new artist/composer each month

39-Go to a concert/play once a month
Jan 08: The Devil and Daniel Webster; Feb 08: Sweet Honey in the Rock; March 08: Corteo, Ladysmith Black Mambazo
40-Go to the Shakespeare festival in Ashland
41-Host a summer barbeque
42-Plan a trip to Europe
43-Renew my passport
44-Go through and get rid of CD's that need to be released into the wild
45-Go on another retreat
46-Visit the Oregon Trail museums I haven't yet visited
47-Read a poem each week

48-Read something in another language each week
49-Visit the East Coast

50-Write a handwritten letter to someone once a month
51-Meet a friend for coffee/drinks/whatever once a month
52-Regularly deposit money into savings
53-Take control of my 401k investments by taking a class/reading a book on investing
54-Call or e-mail friends at least once a week
55-Finish the photo wall
56-Take (or procure) a flattering picture of each of my friends for the wall 57-Attend a pow-wow

58-Make a dress
59-Clean out my closet (clothes AND shoes)
In progress - but barely
60-Buy new underthings and get rid of the old
61-Clean out the garage
62-Attend a pagan festival (Beltaine and/or some other)
63-Update my birthday list
64-Take pictures at events, gatherings, etc.
65-Go to the beach once a month in the sunny months
66-Visit Leavenworth
67-Paint my bedroom
68-Pull up the carpet in my bedroom
69-Paint the deck
70-Paint the front porch
71-Go on a road trip during the summer
72-Use my Entertainment book regularly, keep track of the savings & put them in a fun money jar

73-Buy and TAKE a daily vitamin
Purchased in Feb - have been taking for about two weeks
74-Learn to knit
75-Go camping
76-Get and update a new address book
77-Learn enough about photography to make my good pictures more than happy accidents
78-Go to a reading or lecture at least once a month
79-Participate in NaNoWriMo for real and following their rules
80-Join Amnesty International
81-Join The Humane Society (or some other animal organization)
82-Learn to make an origami crane
83-Run the whole way around the track
84-Go on December pilgrimage with Jenny R. and her family
85-Write something (journal, blog, whatever) every day
86-Buy a new ring as a reminder

Bought butterfly ring in Jan 08
87-Get a manicure
88-Treat myself to a spa day
89-Create an enticing reward system for every 10 pounds I lose

90-Get tickets for my mom to be able to see Cirque du Soleil
Saw Corteo with my mom on March 1
91-Read the Bible, Koran, Baghavad Gita
92-Buy a pair of comfortable athletic shoes
93-Visit a Buddhist temple
94-Learn yoga/take an exercise class
95-Plant a vegetable/herb garden
96-Make preserves
97-Research and make a list of fun summer festival outings
98-Make stepping stones for the garden
99-Go berry picking on Sauvie Island
100-Buy fresh cherries from the fruit loop when they are in season
101-Plan something fabulous for my birthday this year

In progress, but not feeling very motivated

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hooray! So glad you've been making progress!

Martina said...

The roundup was good. I had thought that I wasn't really doing much, but after looking over the list I realized that I'd done more than I thought!